The TUS84 (PEL) range is the perfect low cost, high value product for today’s stadia. Virtually maintenance free it’s functional, durable and comfortable design has proven to be a winner with architects, contractors and stadium managers for over twenty years.
The seat and back are polypropylene with UV additives and the steel frame can be galvanised plastic coated or both. The tip up action is automatic adding to the safety aspect of spectators exiting the seat ways.
- Can be riser or tread fixed
- Over 3 million TUS84 (PEL) seats installed in stadiums.
- Proven design combining durability and safety with quality.
- Can be riser or tread fixed.
- Seat widths available from 460mm to 500mm.
- Individual design requirements can be catered for.
- Plastic can be any colour options to suit most stadia schemes.
- Full specifications available.
- TUS84R is a linked polypropylene seat with steel posts designed for fixing to raked terrace risers.
- TUS84T is a linked polypropylene seat with steel posts designed for fixing to the treads of either flat or raked terraces.
- TUS84U (the U is prefixed with either R for riser or T for tread) is as the TUS84R or TUS84T and complete with fully upholstered seat and back.
There are other products on offer to perfectly compliment the TUS range such as the Media Seat and Beam options to name but two.
Riser Fixed Main Frame Assembly
- 30mm x 30mm square tube column supports, 2mm wall thickness.
- 2 nr 10mm or 12mm diameter holes to facilitate riser fixing.
- 2 nr 8mm slotted holes to accommodate the fixing of the backrest.
- Press formed “D” section from 30mm x 6mm mild steel welded to column forming seat pivot support bracket.
- Pivot pins constructed from 2 nr 10mm diameter steel rods welded to pivot support bracket with silencer tube.
Tread Fixed Main Frame Assembly, as above, except:
- Addition of 150mm x 120mm x 6mm steel base plate welded to the bottom of the column support.
- 5 nr 12mm diameter holes to facilitate floor fixing.
- 1 nr 30 x 6mm steel gusset plate welded between the column support and tread plate for increased strength.
- Manufactured as a 19mm x 1.5mm wall thickness tube “U”.
- Pierced with 4 nr holes to accommodate fixing of seat to frame.
- “U” tube closed by a 16mm diameter solid steel rod, welded to perform as the counterbalance weight.
- 2 nr19mm diameter x 1.5mm wall tubes, 50mm long forming the seat pivot housing.
- Corrosion Resistance – All steel components are hot dip galvanised in accordance with BS EN ISO 1461:1999 ensuring a corrosion resistant barrier.
- Decorative – The galvanised steel components can be electrostatically coated with a custom formulated thermoplastic coating powder. This will provide a long lasting tough coating that is resistant to stress cracking, adverse weather conditions, detergents and salt spray whilst offering a pleasing aesthetic finish.
Plastic Seat and Backrest
- Injection moulded to combine flexibility and strength with affordability.
- A wide choice of colours available. Matching to specific BS/RAL colour references also available.
- Colour and UV fading – The cocktail of ingredients are carefully chosen to ensure maximum resistance to fading and degradation. By using only pigments of blue wool scale 7-8 and special ultra violet resistant additives appropriate to the location of installation the effects of fading and degradation are minimised.
- Assembly fixings are stainless steel as standard. Hexagon set screws and nylon locking nuts provide a vandal resistant fixture.
- Installation fixings are generally M8 or M10 through bolts in either zinc plate, galvanise or stainless steel fixings although fixings appropriate to site conditions will be used.
- Choice of seat numbering and end of row letter options are available to suit individual budgets.
Standards and codes of practice covering the TUS84 seat
- BS 4875-1:1985 Strength and stability of chairs and stools.
- BS 5852:1990 Ignitability of upholstered seating.
- BS 1006:B01C Light degradation and colour fastness of materials.
- BS EN ISO 1461:1999 Hot dip galvanised coating.
- Home office publication The guide to safety in sports grounds.
Alderdale Seating Ltd.
15 Spring Road Industrial Estate
t: +44 (0) 1902 902441
Quick Enquiry form